Over the past year, our visitors and staff have evaluated many products. The results below reflect a comilation of feedback from all sources:
1. Sytropin – We have used this product, taken a break from it and returned to it. We have definitely found that overall it has made the biggest difference in performance, especially from an aerobic capacity and endurance standpoint. We have also found benefits in weight management and lower body fat. Sytropin is our top pick for 2009. It is a homeopathic spray with a comprehensive array of amino acids and growth factors that stimulates the body’s own production of human growth hormone.
2. Immunocal Platinum – Best new discovery of 2009. If you haven’t already heard of glutathione, you will. Glutathione occurs naturally in the body. It is the body’s major anti-oxidant, immune system optimizer and detoxifier. It exists in virtually every cell in the body. It is produced within the cell by glycine, glutamine and cysteine. In the average North American diet, cysteine is either non-existent or scarce. An additional challenge is getting cysteine into the cells in a biologically active state. Immunocal Platinum is the result of decades of research conducted primarily at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. It is the only natural product that is both clinically and scientifically proven to optimize the immune system by raising glutathione levels. It is an undenatured whey protein isolate that is backed by over 70 worldwide patents. Coincidentally, it has also been clinically proven to enhance muscle performance.
3. Primorye Stress Relief Plus – Best stress reduction product. Named after the region in Russia from which most of its herbs are derived, this product is the result of billions of dollars of research over decades, spearheaded by the Soviet Academy of Sciences. Oxyfresh combined the herbal extract with aloe from Costa Rica and other micronutrients to formulate a truly remarkable product. Its benefits are many, not the least of which are the regulation of excess cortisol, a reduction in overall stress, increased focus and an immune system booster. Use it daily and use its partner product Primorye Gold before and after workouts.
4. Montmorency Concentrated Cherry Juice – This product is also a new discovery for us. It is a powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and contains naturally occurring melatonin, which helps with sleep and is a brain anti-oxidant.
5. Vega Health Optimizer – Our favorite protein powder. Developed by Brendon Brazier, a vegan triathlete, this product contains the correct amount and balance of the various proteins required to repair and rebuild muscle tissue. It is available in a variety of flavors.
6. Oxyfresh Foundation Formula – This is our favorite comprehensive daily multivitamin and mineral packet. It not only contains 3 multivitamin capsules, but omega-3, vitamin E, antioxidant and digestive enzyme capsules as well. It contains the best types of nutrients and the most optimal amounts and combination of nutrients for athletes. For endurance and elite athletes, we recommend 2 packets a day. Capsules are packaged in very convenient packets for easy transport while on the road.
7. Vega Sport Performance Optimizer – Fantastic electrolyte and energy powder easily added to water. Comes in a variety of flavors.
8. Oxyfresh Joint Formula – Best new product of 2009. This product was introduced by Oxyfresh last year and is the best joint formula we have come across to date. This scientifically proven formula is formulated to start repairing joints and relieving pain within 30 days. It reduces joint discomfort, restores mobility and flexibility and protects joints from deterioration. Joint Formula contains the patented UC-II, an undenatured type-II collagen, derived from chicken sternum cartilage.